Advantages and disadvantages of marble
① Advantages and disadvantages of marble
(1) Advantages of marble
1. The stone has a compact structure and high compressive strength.
2. Good decoration. Stone has natural texture, heavy texture, solemn and magnificent artistic effect.
3. The rock undergoes long-term natural aging, the structure is average, the linear expansion coefficient is extremely small, and it is not easy to deform.
4. Good rigidity, high hardness, strong wear resistance and small temperature deformation.
5. It is not easy to stick to dust, easy maintenance, easy maintenance, long service life, and the service life can reach more than one hundred years.
6. It is not magnetized, can move smoothly during measurement, has no sense of stagnation and is not affected by wetting, and the plane is weighed well.
(2) Marble defects
1. Naturally generated, so there is color difference;
2. More than hard, lack of elasticity, easy to break;
3. It is easy to be polluted and has higher requirements for the operating environment;
② What is the difference between marble and artificial stone?
Marble is a naturally occurring stone with natural texture, good durability, and low content of radioactive elements, which has no effect on the human body at all. However, there are a lot of pores in the marble, which is easy to get dirty and difficult to clean. It is also a brittle stone, and its price is relatively high.
2. Artificial stone
(1) Artificial stone refers to the artificially synthesized stone, which not only has the advantages of natural marble, but also fills up its advantages. Its wear resistance, acid resistance, high temperature resistance, impact resistance, compression resistance, flexural resistance, penetration resistance, and The performance of pollution is better. However, the naturalness is lacking, the texture is relatively fake and unnatural, and its price is relatively lower than that of natural marble.
(2) However, because artificial stone needs to add some auxiliary materials during the consumption process, such as colloid, if it is inferior artificial stone, there is a certain hazard. Its radioactive element content is high, and there are harmful substances such as formaldehyde and benzene.